Zucchini Lentil Fritters with Spread and Extra Veg

Zucchini Lentil Fritters with Spread and Extra Veg

I have another recipe that started as an instagram-only recipe but rightfully deserved a place on the site. Lentils are a staple in my kitchen and one ingredient that people always want more inspiration for (because you can only eat so much lentil soup!)

Zucchini and other alternatives

Obviously I realize zucchini season is coming to an end but if you’re like me, there’s still a bit of summer produce hanging on. These fritters work perfectly with raw zucchini. However, I think you could do a similar concept with shredded winter squash or root vegetables.

The spread

Really this dish comes together because of the spread- I’d highly recommend not skipping it. I usually turn to hummus for this job but really any kind of spread would work. Think romesco, pureed vegetables, or whipped feta or goat cheese.

Vegetable Salads, for topping

The final part of this bowl is the fresh topping. During summer this is easy: tomatoes, cucumber, loads of fresh herbs; it’s hard to go wrong. During the cooler months I like to do a salad with hearty greens or even a pile of roasted vegetables.

A note about vegan

I did not try this but I think you could totally turn this into an easy vegan meal. Use your favorite egg replacer (think flax-egg) then serve over a vegan spread and top with more fresh vegetables. It’s hard to go wrong!

[tasty-recipe id="38419"] continue reading

The post Zucchini Lentil Fritters with Spread and Extra Veg appeared first on Naturally..



from Naturally.
https://ift.tt/2kBkl2W
Erin Alderson
September 23, 2019 at 09:12PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easy Burrata Recipe

Easy Lemon Cake

Fried Rice (Takeout Style!)